Friday, August 7, 2009

Old lady leg

On Tuesday night, after walking around the mall for many hours, Aaron and I decided to hang curtain rods (It was the best effort we have had in many weeks I daresay). But all of a sudden, my right leg started KILLING me. I look down and there are these red streaks across my right calf muscle. I'm not going to lie. It scared me. Especially after reading in all my lovely doctor books that I probably had a deep vein blood clot and would probably die if it detached and went to my lungs (did I mention I had been massaging it?).
So, after talking to the midnight nurse on call, I had to go to the ER. After hours of waiting and praying, we got the good news- no clot! We never really got a diagnosis, but I have a feeling it had to do with a combination of being on my feet all day, expecting baby #3, and sciatic nerve pain. It still hurts, mildly. . . but not as much as sleep deprivation and $150 peace of mind. Praise God!

On a side note- I guess you never really get warnings for things like that. You are going along, and then POW! Something interrupts your life which might end it. It's at times like those when I am so thankful for prayer, God, and family. (Thank you Nana and Hubby)

2 comments:

kuliejellogg said...

Wow - that would have been scary. What a wakeup call. Kind of makes extremely painful sciatic nerve pain seem like not such a big deal.

Book Worm said...

I'm so glad it wasn't something more serious. I'm so sorry that all the unpleasant pregnancy symptoms are multiplied each pregnancy. It's not much fun, especially with sciatica starting so early for you. I will be praying for you and I have a house now so once I get stuff off the floors, you can drop off your kids and go get off your feet!