On a more serious note, I've been reading some adoption books by Sherrie Eldridge. It has once again taken me off guard to read about other people's similar experiences with adoption. I guess I'm more normal than I once thought. My little idiosyncracies, insecurities, and issues are repeated over and over again by other adoptees. What a wound.
I got a little overwhelmed. Okay, a lot, reading the books. I had to put them aside for a while. God has had a way with me, healing my wounds slowly, tenderly. Only exposing me to what I needed to heal.
People have a way (even the most sensitive) of burdening you. Of giving you more information than you really need. Of making you feel misunderstood and also slightly worse off than you are.
God has a way of encouraging you, healing you, holding you, and staying with you that is impossible with other people. So, for now, the books are put away. I have a much better guide.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment