Monday, July 27, 2009

My husband

This last week was Aaron's birthday, so I wanted to write a little memoir honoring my man. Here are some of reasons I am thankful for you, honey:
1. You always put the toilet seat down after using it. I never realized what a pet peeve of mine leaving it up was until we had guests that didn't perform the same courtesy.
2. You don't complain, get angry, or make demands when the house is a mess. You quietly and quickly pick it up. It makes me feel awful (and thankful) for allowing it get so bad. =)
3. You always want and listen to my advice (no matter how scattered and hormonal it may be). I can't tell you how special this makes me feel. You are not a man who listens to many people. You are picky about who you let in and share things with, so thank you for honoring me this way.
4. When things are complicated, you don't try to understand. You simply support my decisions and listen to me rant. I love this. You let me make my own decisions. You are such a good man to offer me good advice, but it doesn't threaten you if I decide on something else. Thank you for giving me this freedom.
5. You are a considerate lover. I'll make no more comments and leave the rest for you alone. I'm sure everyone will appreciate it. =)
6. I can tease and pick on you for a laugh. You take it so well.
7. There are so many other things I could say, but I'll conclude with number 7. The most important thing you are that makes me so thankful to be your wife is: you are a man of God. This is the sexiest thing about you. I can think of so many times when the only comfort I had was knowing that God is with you and that you were following Him. You teach me so much about standing firm in a dark world and being quick to pray and seek God's will (by reading your Bible) when things get hard. I admire your strength, courage, and integrity. Thank you, Jesus, for giving us this grace.


Sidenote: No one is perfect and good except Christ our Lord. But it is through the grace of God that we can love imperfect people and be loved as well. Love overlooks a multitude of offenses; it is not our job to change people, but to love, forgive, and give out of the abundance God supplies.

No comments: